Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy mom's day to all you mothers... ;)

I just got back from a 5 hour kayak trip around Boot Key.
It was a ton of fun but I'm tired!!! I saw lots of little fish & 1 big one that snapped an 8" mullet in half right in front of me, yikes!
I also saw several stingrays in the shallows of a real small island which I explored.
There was 1 dead tree on it with a rope hanging from it; very "CAST AWAY"ish
Anyway, time for some spiced-rum soaked red grapes & a nappypoo :D
PS- the vascual bridge for Boot Key is permanently "up/open". No cars visit Boot Key anymore & after I explored it I discovered that locals must have been using it as a dump, what a shame.. This was such a let down.... after picking up little pieces of trash and glass on Boot Key's barrier island I described above.

PS- I had Swordfish steaks cook on the aftdeck bbq, OMG....
OMG was it GOOOOOOOD!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the well wishes for Mothers Day. From the mother of your child. We had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swordfish? mmmm OK..you caught it yourself? commercially caught swordfish are caught by longliners or drag nets, either way is not good. but I guess you're allowed to consume...just one. over fishing by commercial fishermen has depleted this particular fish in many water where they used to thrive.

    Same sad story for blue tuna, We can thank the Japaneze for that.

    ReplyDelete