Friday, August 14, 2009

..a day or 2, lol more like 4 in Oriental

Well I finally left Oriental. I had to wait until the last of my funds transferred before I could restock. Now I am at the foot of the Albermarle Sound. It'll be a 20 mile crossing which I could have done today but I had already done 44 miles & weather set in. Out in the sound is not a good place to be in foul weather. So here I sit, on the edge of reception (I had none yesterday, last night nor this morning) waiting to do the final day. By tomorrow evening I will be in my home waters!
I sit 81 miles from Norfolk but tomorrow I'm stopping in Chesapeake to see my daughter, yay!
This morning was grueling. I was in a long boring canal. The only excitement was seeing a Bald Eagle & a black bear which swam across the canal in front of me.
I can't wait to get this part of the trip over with..

No comments:

Post a Comment