Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 25

No rescue/ search party has been sighted as of yet. I have an elaborate escape route planned in case they are sighted, lol! Send more limes.

I can't believe I've been here only 25 days, seems like much longer.
I woke up to the chirpings of an eagle who was perched atop my mast.
Pretty cool! Yesterday I saw a spotted stingray lazily swim by, I love the live nature show I've been treated to here.
I discovered a mission house yesterday where you can eat, fill up water tanks, shower and do laundry for free! ...Bonus!
Last night the wind was pretty still= a warm night. But luckily it was mosquito free due to a few improvements to my defenses.
Today's going to be busy, I'll need to make 2 trips to the grocery store to get 4 blocks of ice & some meats for grilling. TTFN

1 comment:

  1. AAaaahh Mikey, you feeling the end is getter nearer...just enjoy the remaining time you have. I haven't any real idea about the job market there, but I've heard, it's tough. I suppose it depends on what your qualified to do.

    At one time I was headed to the Keys. Figure some of them have kids, they gotta go to school, and the school has to have some kind of lunch program.

    It's and adventure you can tell you g'kids about, well unless you make it permanent there...but..

    hurricane season starts Monday, not sure what that will bring, but if this Spring is any indication, I'm hoping you have in mind a hidey hole for SunRunner, and yourself. There are a lot of sailboats that head up the St. Mary's River...we've recently made a trip up that way almost to Folkston...

    you can go all the way to the Swamp via the St. Mary's River. just gotta give them 36 or 48 hrs. notice to open the bridge.

    We had a helluva storm last night, wind, lightening and torrential rain. Finally passed on. They've said this should end this w/e...we'll see. It's been a very blustey Spring.

    Keep in touch, Mikey ...don't guess you've started any refurbishing projects, as yet? (didn't think so...LOL)
    Love to you and Scot
    suz/moonie

    ReplyDelete