Monday, June 8, 2009

Incommunicato- I was..


My phone finally stopped charging so I finally called my carrier for a replacement (still under warranty = yay). So that's where I was, safe n sound but w/out a phone.
I've been exploring different keys (uninhabited ones) and have had some great times snorkeling under the boat, watching stingrays and tarpon & beachcombing.
Today "Brokefin" the dolphin was lazily chasing fish near my boat. He chased one right up to the boat, 2 feet from me! Then the fish (about 10" long) started trying to swim circles around the dolphin to escape. Brokefin was actually on his back (kind of like standing up) swimming in circles playing cat and mouse with the fish! All this happened so close to me it was amazing!
Tomorrow or the next day (depending on weather) I'll be going to another key for a few days, molasses key. I have to finish scraping the barnacles off the bottom and I need to clean the prop too..
Plus I still haven't found a conch shell..
Each night at Sunset you can hear conch shell horns being blown to celebrate the end of another day in paradise =]

1 comment:

  1. about all I can say is tell me more, tell me more, tell me more...and that the weather isn't as quite as erratic as it was on your trip down. afernoon t'storms roll in and occasional squall but we sure hope you can make the trip up the St. Mary's River, but if not, at least lay anchor overnight and meet some of the craziest people you'll ever meet. And Ms. Cindy is guaranteed to flash you!

    Be Safe, anyway! and tell Scot Hey! the pool is up and ready.

    I get unstapled tomorrow, btw!

    ReplyDelete