Monday, June 29, 2009

Still slowly heading North..

I'm dragging my feet so to speak, so I can pick my Dad & his friend up in Miami...
Everybody has a cousin in Miami ;D (song reference again)
Here in Key Largo where I had planned on stopping for a few days anyway, I unloaded the scooter & went exploring.
I stumbled on the fact that THE African Queen's home is Key Largo. Sooo I HAD to see her & I did!! I also experienced a family of manatees close up & in the wild!
Today I left Gilbert's Marina. I'll surely miss the AC power and pool & tiki bar, etc...!
I didn't go far since bad nasty storms (like last weeks) are in the forecast for Biscayne Bay, which is about 15 miles North of here. I'm "holed up" in a river lined by Mangrove trees, an ole' trick since the water is deep right up to them and they act as a wind buffer & a soft bumper ;D
Finally I want to send a shout out to a pair of Brothers from Tampa who were in the resort which my boat was docked at; right in front of their room.
Hi Paul & Mike!!
What a cool pair of bro's; reminds me of my siblings :D
I truly enjoyed your company. I hope I didn't talk yur ear off!! lol
Peace out for now~

3 comments:

  1. YoHoHo Mike! glad to hear you're still moving north. Take your time and be safe. take time to stop and smell the manatees haha! just don't wake up next to one!
    P.S with 3 crew you could go off shore as far as your folks place and make much better time with no bridges to slow you down.
    your friend,
    Ty

    ReplyDelete
  2. just watch for those quick very trubulent storms that blow up quickly and hang around way too long.

    xo
    suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Mike .....

    Brother Paul here, back in Tampa. Me and the bro have talked about your journey since getting back from Gilberts. It was great meeting you and we wish you nothing but smooth sailing all the way up north. Keep an eye out for that lightning !! We'll keep an eye on your blog.
    Good Luck man !!

    Paul T in Tampa

    ReplyDelete