Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Less than 500 miles to go

I made it to this anchorage just after dusk..
487 miles to go =]
Tomorrow I hope to see some friends in Charleston, I'm just South of there!

edit: I spent the night in Charleston Harbor. Yesterday was a short day- only 17 miles.
I had hoped to see phriends here but a terrifically terrible thunderstorm and a 3rd torrential downpour of the day ended those hopes. Today I have to continue on.
I hope to be in Myrtle Beach by Friday.

I'll have to start working on my "new" Avon hard bottomed dinghy.
It leaks air but, hey, I got it for a bottle of rum & a 12 pack of coke, lol.
Once I get to Myrtle beach I'll unload Scott's stuff which includes the kayaks so I'll need the dinghy operational by then.
470 miles to go =]
PS- HI! to any Chesapeake Sailers from the Yahoo group who may stop by to read about my trip & "what a long strange trip its been"

1 comment:

  1. Yo mike,
    Nice progress! I hope to see you before I leave Norfolk

    ReplyDelete